A downloadable synthesizer for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Apricot is a free compact hybrid synthesizer with a massive sound.
- 2 main oscillators, with 6 different subtractive waveforms, modulatable phase offset and panorama, with unison modeled off the JP8000's supersaw. There is also an additional third oscillator, with less parameters, intended for use as a sub-oscillator.
- Sample layer. There are currently 44 factory samples, ranging across 10 categories. The user is also able to import their own samples.
- 2 mod envs and 2 LFOs, each with 2 dedicated modulation slots. There is also a modulation matrix with 8 additional modulation slots, for a total of 16. There are over 70 modulation destinations, and 10 modulation sources.
- 5 effects: reverb (with 4 selectable algorithms), ping-pong delay, stereo phaser, parameter EQ, and a distortion unit. The distortion contains Light, Soft, Middle and Hard algorithms closely modeled after the Access Virus, to achieve a distinctive asymmetric distortion. There are also 3 included wavefolding algorithms.
- Arpeggiator and sequencer.
- Multi-mode filter that can run in low-pass, band-pass or high-pass modes, at 12dB/oct or 24dB/oct. There is a resonance, key track and drive control. The drive can be enhanced with a "warm" boost, which mixes in a subtly "inflated" signal.
- Streamlined single page user interface with scaling ranging from 100% to 200%.
- Over 90 builtin patches in the factory ROM bank, accessible from the patch browser.
- Full support for the new CLAP plugin API.
- No copy protection or DRM.
- Windows 7 and later (requires 64-bit OS, but runs in 32-bit hosts)
- macOS versions 10.14, 10.15, 11, 12 (Intel or Apple Silicon)
- X11/Linux with a modern version of glibc
- The new CLAP plugin format, including support for polyphonic non-destructive modulation. Tested in Bitwig and REAPER.
- The native FL Studio plugin format, including support for slide/glide notes. Requires FL Studio 9 or newer.
Read more and listen to audio demos on the website: https://nakst.gitlab.io/apricot
Click download now to get access to the following files: